We’re looking for the next big design star and it could be you! We’ve teamed up with Imagine This Couture and Petunia Children’s Boutique to search for a creative and original designer, and the best part: experience not necessary. The winner gets to keep a romper with their design on it, complete with their own label, plus the design will be sold at Petunia this Fall as a limited edition line with proceeds going to Sunnyside Community Services, and they will get a fashion spread right here on Queens Mamas!
If you can draw, paint, or even just make marks on paper, you can enter this contest. One winner will be chosen from each of the following age groups:
Ages 1 – 10 (yes, even babies can enter!)
Ages 11 and up
Each winner will receive:
- their winning design on a 100% organic romper in the baby size of their choice, ranging from newborn to 18 months
- a limited edition collection of baby wear in their winning design to be sold exclusively at Petunia
- their own self-designed logo made into a label and hang tag for the collection sold at Petunia
- a photo shoot with the baby wear line at Petunia, a disc of all the pictures to keep, plus a photo spread and profile here on Queens Mamas
- the option of having a baby of their choice as the model in the photo shoot
You can download the Designer Kits by clicking on the links below. Once you’ve created your masterpiece, head over to Petunia, located at 46-21 Skillman Avenue in Sunnyside, to fill out your entry form and to submit your kit. The contest ends on September 15th. The winning design will be chosen by Jill Callan, owner of Petunia.