Calling all Mets fans and dog lovers! Have you ever watched a Mets game with your dog… in Citi Field? Now’s your chance to do just that. The Mets are teaming up with North Shore Animal League for Bark in the Park 2 this Saturday, September 10th.
Before their game against the Chicago Cubs, Mets players will participate in a photo op with dogs and puppies available for adoption. Fans and their dogs will participate in a pre-game parade around the warning track and watch the game in the Pepsi Porch. As an added bonus, the entire profit of the dog ticket and a portion of the fan ticket will benefit the North Shore Animal League.
Here are the specifics:
- Dogs will only be allowed in the Pepsi Porch area at Citi Field.
- Each person will receive a Mets Lanyard and Ticket Holder with advance purchase.
- Report to the RIGHT FIELD GATE by noon with your tickets in hand to participate in the Dog Parade (weather permitting). If you are not participating in the parade, please continue to only enter via the Right Field Gate, NOT the Bullpen Gate. This gate opens at 11:40 a.m
- Dogs will not be permitted in other sections of the ballpark.
- Fans are asked to make sure that their pet is dog-and-family-friendly; leashed at all times, in and around Citi Field, with the leash no longer than 4-6 feet; and healthy and fully vaccinated, including rabies vaccination.
Fans must purchase tickets through Mets.com to be able to bring their dogs, participate in the parade and sit in the Pepsi Porch. This is a cool way to watch the ballgame, and you’ll be helping out a great cause at the same time.