Do your kids like ghost stories? Why not make up a tale about Three Little Ghosts in a Graveyard? Then, bring your story to life with little marshmallow ghosts, cookie tombstones and some creepy candy. This is one of those easy no-bake desserts that can be assembled pretty quickly. Use a store-bought crust and pudding filling, and don’t feel guilty about not making it all from scratch! Every Mama’s entitled to take a little shortcut now and then.
For the pie, you’ll need:
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding
- 1 ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream (sweetened and whipped) or a can of ReddiWhip
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 marshmallows
- 1 tube black cake-decorating icing
- Chocolate sandwich cookies (Milano)
- Pumpkin shaped Peeps
- Gummy candy eyeballs, fingers, or worms – any creepy shapes will do!
To assemble pie:
- Whisk together instant pudding mix and cold milk. Pour into pie shell and refrigerate at least an hour.
- Once pie has set, top with mounds of whipped cream. You can be as fancy or as simple as you’d like, just be sure to keep it fluffy and cover the entire surface.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder over the top.
Now’s the time to let your little ones take over and make the pie as creepy or silly as they’d like. Have fun!