Are you looking for a quick and easy recipe for a side dish? Give this really simple coleslaw recipe a try. This recipe happens to be vegan, as it calls for no mayo at all. But you definitely won’t miss the mayo, because it’s packed with flavor.
- 1 green cabbage
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Olive oil, about 1/4 of a cup
- Carrots, 1 or 2, depending on their size
- Red onion (I used half of a big one)
Mamas Helpful Tips:
- You can really adjust this recipe to suit your tastes. Experiment to find the right combination for you and your family.
- When handling jalapenos, wash your hands immediately, in lemon juice if possible, or else your eyes will burn if you touch them.
- Place Cilantro, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, jalapeno in a little chopper or food processor.
- Shred up the cabbage, carrots and red onion. A mandolin works wonders for this.
- Mix the veggies and add the dressing and VOILA…mayo-less cole slaw!