Think you have what it takes to cook up a fantastic, award winning appetizer? Then this competition is for you! Sunnyside Gardens Park is hosting a cooking contest as part of its annual Mother’s Day Sale.
If you think you have a winning appetizer featuring fresh herbs, sign up today for a chance to win some really great foodie/garden prizes. Even though this is a private park, this competition is a public event so get ready to show your skills!
- All amateur chefs are invited; you do not have to be a park member.
- The recipe must be for an appetizer, original or adapted by the contestant.
- Fresh herbs (rosemary, basil, mint, thyme, etc.) must be a prominent ingredient.
- Entries will be judged according to taste, creativity, and presentation.
- Prepare two (2) trays or platters (60 pieces) for each entry. (Note: Park members will be awarded 2 volunteer hours for this activity)
- Label each tray with the recipe name and your entry ID (to be provided after entry).
- Food must be delivered, ready to serve, to the Knights of Columbus (Queens Blvd and 51st St) between 6:30 and 7:00 pm on Friday May 4th. A limited number of sternos or warming options will be available. You must plan accordingly.
- All recipes become the property of Sunnyside Gardens Park.
- You do not need to be present to win. Unclaimed prizes will be donated to the Park.
Need some inspiration for what to make? Here are some good links to get your creativity flowing:
For questions about the contest, contact Annie Frisbie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When: Friday, May 4th at 7:30pm
Where: Sunnyside Knights of Columbus, 49-18 Queens Boulevard, Sunnyside
Note: You do not need to be present to win.