How many times have you come home from work and had to scramble to get dinner on the table? What if there was a way for you to order delivery for healthy, ready to eat meals for your kids? Well there is. It’s called Mommy’s Yummies, and if you’re lucky enough to live in the Astoria/Long Island City area, you can place your order today.
A local mom who realized the importance of healthy, organic, and natural baby food after her son was born was inspired to start Mommy’s Yummies as a way to help ease the stress for parents. With a variety of food suitable for kids 10 months and up, like Squash & Red Lentil Stew and Sweet Potato Bisque, you can feed your kids a healthy meal and encourage a great appreciation for all kinds of flavors.
The food doesn’t contain any preservatives, salt, sugar; no additives, or no artificial colors or flavors. You can see the ingredients listed on each meal on the website. Plus, they have vegetarian options too.
How it works:
- You order from their menu, and six meals will be delivered to you (3 lunches and 3 dinners)
- Deliveries are made twice a week, on Mondays and Thursdays, to the following zip codes :11101, 11102, 11103, 11104, 11105, 11106
- For Monday delivery, all orders must be placed by midnight the previous Friday; for Thursday delivery, place your order by midnight the previous Monday
- The food is then prepared less than 12 hours before delivery, ensuring you’re getting fresh meals
- The meals will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in original packaging
- 6oz meals are $50 (and that includes delivery); 8oz meals are $65 (also includes delivery)
If your child has specific food allergies, you should know while Mommy’s Yummies meals do not contain any nuts, the meals are prepared in a commercial kitchen where nuts may be used. Also, for vegetarian meals, they are prepared in a commercial kitchen where soy, shellfish, dairy, meat and eggs are used as well.
For more information, or to check out their menu, visit Mommy’s Yummies.