As parents, we always want to give our kids everything they need to succeed, especially where school and education are concerned. But sometimes, we may not have the resources needed to make that happen. Through Monday, September 10th, you can help local kids who may not have the school supplies they need because their parents are barely making ends meet.
Council Member Jimmy Van Bramer’s Third Annual School Supply Drive is underway. His office is collecting new school supplies that will be given to kids in need in district 26. The supplies needed include:
- packs of pens
- loose-leaf paper
- glue sticks
- index cards
- graphing paper
- watercolor paints
- or any other school-type product you can donate.
You can drop any items you have at his District Office located at 47-01 Queens Blvd. Suite 205 in Sunnyside between the hours of 10-6PM (Mon-Friday) until Monday, September 10th.
If you’re not able to get to his office, you can also drop off the supplies at one of these library locations:
- Broadway, 40-20 Broadway, Long Island City, (718) 721-2462
- Court Square, 25-01 Jackson Avenue, Long Island City, (718) 937-2790
- Long Island City, 37-44 21st St., Long Island City, (718) 639-5228
- Sunnyside, 43-06 Greenpoint Avenue, Long Island City, (718) 767-8010
- Woodside, 54-22 Skillman Avenue, Woodside, (718) 429-4700
Let’s help give kids the right start this school year by giving them the tools they need to succeed.