The attention span of a toddler is fleeting to say the least. While TV may be a tempting option to keep them entertained, it doesn’t have to be the only option. Check out these activities from Notimeforflashcards.com that are completely TV-free and will keep your kids having fun. (#16 is one of my favorites)
- Cook – we use play food with real pots a lot.
- Toss bean bags into laundry baskets.
- Paint with yogurt
- Splash in the sink.
- Pour and scoop some pasta.
- Mix some colors.
- Get dressed in sibling’s clothes.
- Turn up the music and dance
- Play with a water table with water or rice. pasta in the winter.
- Play with a light table
- Cut a slot in a container lid and drop dried pasta into it.
- Play dress up – use old Halloween costumes, clothes and hats.
- Find out will it sink or float?
- Blow bubbles.
For the rest of the list, visit No Time For Flash Cards.