After the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, many of our Queens neighbors are without food, water, and clothing. As a community, we can donate what we can to those who need it most. There are many donation locations in Queens, with more starting up every minute. We’ve rounded up a list of those locations for you here.
- Jose Peralta’s Office, 32-37 Junction Blvd., East Elmhurst, 718-205-3881, Drop-off hours: Friday: 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Saturday: 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, Monday: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Elmcor Senior Center, 98-19 Astoria Blvd., East Elmhurst, Contact: Larinda Hooks or Danielle Burton, 718-457-9757, Drop-off hours: Friday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Saturday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Queens Center Mall, Guest Services – Level 1 Macy’s Wing across of Applebee’s, 90-15 Queens Blvd., Elmhurst, 718-592-3901, Drop-off hours:
Friday and Saturday: 10:00 AM to 9:30 PM, Sunday: 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Note: Collection bins are available throughout mall. Charging centers are
also available for cellular phones. Please bring your own chargers.
- 82nd Street Academics, 81-10 35th Avenue, Jackson Heights Contact: Dr. Tompkins or Reverend Davis or Joan Feckete, 718-457-0429, Drop-off hours: Friday: 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Saturday: 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- 3 J’s Pharmacy, 90-12 Elmhurst Avenue, Jackson Heights, Contact: Agustin Rojas or Juan Guijandria, 718-424-0533, Drop-off hours: Friday: 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM, Saturday: 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, Sunday: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Lefrak City Library, 98-30 57th Avenue, Corona, Contact: Eric Howard or Troy Rose, 718-592-7677
Drop-off hours: Friday: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Monday: 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Thank Heaven Children’s Boutique, 72-18 Austin Street
- Karen Koslowitz’s office, 118-35 Queens Blvd. 17th Floor, Forest Hills
- Forest Hills Jewish Center, 106-06 Queens Boulevard *Collecting on Sunday, Nov. 4th
- Keller Williams Realty, 32-55 Francis Lewis Blvd Flushing
- Auburndale Soccer Club, 25-44 Francis Lewis Blvd.
- Flushing Town Hall, 137-35 Northern Boulevard, from 12-5pm daily, for as long as needed
- CJ Sullivan’s, 213-10 41st Ave, Bayside
Resort World Casino (Former Aqueduct Racetrack), 110-00 Rockaway Blvd., Jamaica (Next to JFK airport – Enter from 109th Street & Rockaway Blvd.)
Jimmy Van Bramer’s Office, 47-01 Queens Boulevard, Suite 205, Sunnyside, from 9-6pm
- Queens Mamas, 23-74 38th Street, before 7pm, and through the weekend.
- Powhatan Democratic Club, 41-05 Newtown Road, Astoria (Friday night 6:30pm-8:30pm, Saturday 1:30pm-4:30pm, Sunday 12pm-3pm)
- Woodhaven Development Corp, Forest Parkway and Jamaica Avenue.
- Assemblyman Mike Miller’s office, 83-91 Woodhaven Blvd, Woodhaven 718-805-0950
- Immanuel Lutheran Church, 12-10 150 St., Whitestone
- Zumba Studio, 150 st and the Cross Island Pkwy, Whitestone
- Clearview Home Center, 20-11 Francis Lewis Blvd., Whitestone
- Queens College will be at St Margaret’s Church starting at 2:30 PM. Address is 66-10 80th Street in Middle Village, corner of 80th Street and Juniper Valley Road. *Today only, November 1st*
- Senator Joe Addabbo’s office: 66-85 73rd Place, Middle Village. 718-497-1630
- PS/IS 49, 79-15 Penelope Avenue, Middle Village – Nov. 8th 8-2pm
- Atlas Park Mall, at the old Borders Store, 8000 Cooper Ave. from 12:00-8pm today, November 1st. The Donation site will be open throughout the weekend.
- Excalibur Reading Program, 80-17-78th Ave. Glendale. 347-725-4218
- Cook’s Crafts: 80-09 Myrtle Avenue, Glendale. 718-366-6085
Also, Brooklyn Kitchen is taking donations. They are located close to Sunnyside/Woodside, in Greenpoint. Their address is 100 Frost Street. You can reach them at 718-389-2982
If you have a car and can drive out to site in Far Rockaway, please call Pam at 718.208.7205. Also, if you hear or know of any additional donation sites, please share them with everyone – leave a comment on this post with the details, so we all have the information in one place.