This weekend there’s a lot going on. We hope you can check out at least one of these events. If you do, we’d love to hear about your experience.
1.Grug: Puppet Show
Featuring the beloved Aussie children’s book character, a haystack-like critter with a knack for problem solving, this puppet show follows Grug as he makes a home for himself, looks for food, tends to his garden and receives some surprises. Ages 2 to 5.
When: Through Sunday March 17
229 W 42nd St, New York
Website: New 42nd Street Studios
2. Harry Potter: The exhibition
Through April 7
Where :226 W 44th St
Hours: Mon–Thu, Sun 10am–8pm; Fri, Sat 10am–9pm
Price: $25, seniors $22.50, children 5–12 $19.50, children under 5 free
3. Sinister Pop Family Day
This is a fun, unique, and interactive exhibit that allows visitors to explore what it’s like to be a celebrity. There will be a karaoke performance, interactive activities in the galleries, and hands-on art making.
When: Saturday, March 9, 2013 at 11:00am to 2:00pm
Where: Whitney Museum of American Art 945 Madison Avenue at 75th Street, New York NY
Cost: Free with museum admission
Ages: 5 -12
4. Make Something out of Nothing
No Longer Empty, a public art organization takes over a 1920s bank in Long Island City for an all ages gallery show. Tots can repurpose materials to make their own work of contemporary art.
When: Saturday, March 9
Event is located at 29-27 41st Ave, Long Island City
5. Think about adopting a Tree through Million Trees NYC
6. New York International Children’s Film Festival:
Come and enjoy over 100 shorts, animated, and live action films from around the world. Attend filmmaker Q & A sessions, award ceremonies, and filmmaking camps.
When: Opening: 3/2-3/22–visit website for admission costs
7. Children’s Museum of Manhattan “Playworks”
Nothing can beat this–4,000 square feet dedicated to toddlers 4 and under
Where: 212 W 83rd St
Hours: Tue–Fri, Sun 10am–5pm; Sat 10am–7pm
Price: $11, children under 1 free. First Friday of the month 5–8pm free
8. Animazing Gallery on Spring Street: ‘The Art Of Dr. Seuss’ Exhibit Commemorating Dr. Seuss’ 108th birthday, Animazing Gallery on Spring Street has set up this superb exhibition of his artwork
Date: March 1 – March 31
Location: 54 Greene street
Hours: M-S: 10-7; Sunday 11-6
9. Museum of Natural History: “The Butterfly Conservatory: Tropical Butterflies Alive in Winter” You still have time to catch this breathtaking exhibit
10. The Orchid Show at the NYBG; Marvel in the beauty of tens of thousands of orchids in dazzling shapes, colors, and sizes
When: Opening: 3/2-4/22-visit website for admission costs