Mother’s Day is less than a week away, and if you haven’t already gotten your mom, grandmother, aunts, partners a gift, here’s our guide to gifts.
1. Studio Samuel: Some beautiful and unique and very reasonably priced jewelry: Stock items are purchased from a co-op in Ethiopia. This co-op provides life skills, medical care and fair wages to its staff of women living with HIV/AIDS. Our purchase supports their amazing team.
2. Necklaces by Donna B from Etsy: a beautiful collection of necklaces
3. Baby Footprint necklace: This Etsy jewelry shop has some unique keepsake necklaces.
4. Tiny Tokens Designs: this etsy shop does handstamping sterling silver tag necklaces.
5. Browse this catologue of Etsy Ring shops
Spas & Manicures: If you feel like your mom needs some pampering, check out these spa deals.
1. Faina European Skin Care & Day Spa: Visit the website to see the various deals they are offering for mother’s day
2. Yin Beauty & Arts: Visit website to see their spa packages and specials
3. Supple Spa: this spa was chosen as a top 10 spa by Time Out NY. Visit site for details
4. Le Cachet Day Spa: Visit site for various Mother’s Day specials
5. Bliss Spa: I personally love this place and its products. Visit the site for Mother’s day specials
Brunch/Lunch & Dinner:
1. MOMA: (Manhattan) The museum offers a selection of different cafes. Visit site for details and for information about mother’s day
2. Metropolitan Museum of Art: (Manhattan) offering a 3-course Brunch. Visit site for details
3. 5 Napkin Burger: (Astoria) Visit site for information
4. Vesta Trattoria (Astoria) & Wine Bar: Visit site for information
5. Danny Brown’s Wine Bar & Kitchen (Forest Hills): Visit site for information
Chocolates & Cupcakes
1. La Maison du Chocolat: To-die-for chocolate. They have 3 location in the city; visit site for prices and locations
2. Kopper’s Chocolate: Family run business in the Village; they are credit with having invented the chocolate covered espresso bean
3. Billy’s Bakery: This west village shop is my hands down favorite. Experience it and you will understand; be prepared to wait, but it’s so worth it.
4. Two Little Red Hens: You will be charmed by the shop itself–an old fashion bakery tucked on New York’s Upper East Side.
5. Cupcakes in Heels (Bayside NY): The tiramisu cupcake is said to be out-of-this world.
If none of these gifts appeal to you, and you want something more unique, try any of the following:
Good Night’s Sleep: Teas & Eye Mask
Put together a box of calming teas (lavender, chamomile, peppermint)
Movie Night with the two of you
Breakfast in Bed
Make her a photo book (Snapfish, Shutterfly, Adorama)
Canvas Art: Turn a photo into a stunning canvas
Make her a spa gift basket (scrubs, moisturizing lotions, shower gel, a lush towel, slippers, and a votive)
A few good books and a soft blanket
Whatever you choose, have a fun doing it!